Friday, March 27, 2015

Rugs for the Kitchen: Part 1

I have been trying to find a new rug for my kitchen for quite some time.  My kitchen colors are really neutral and I like that, but this time of year with the coming of spring and spring cleaning I was hoping to freshen things up and infuse some punches of color into the space.  However, I have been having a hard time deciding what kind of rug works well in a kitchen.

Here is some inspiration I have found:

I like the look of this ethnic looking design with the wood cabinets and dark countertops.

via


This bright rug looks awesome with the minty green cabinets and farmers sink.

via

I love how these striped runners add subtle color in an otherwise neutral kitchen.

via

 This rug looks great with the stainless steel.

via

Love this rug with the white cabinets.  I sort of wish my cabinets were white!

via

This kitchen has a similar countertop to my kitchen but my cabinets are much lighter color.  This colorful floral rug really adds some fun.

via

This rug is pretty traditional yet adds a cozy feeling to this white kitchen.

via

I love the look of this navy and white rug, which looks great with the wood floor, white cabinets, and black hardware.

via

I don't particularly like the "fanciness" of this kitchen, but I love the rug.

via


I plan to do some rug shopping soon so I will be back next week to show you what I come up with!  I also plan to finish both my sitting area and dining room this weekend, so I will be back with the final photos of those spaces next week as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...