Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Sitting room update


I was just looking back on posts and realized this sitting room project has taken a really long time! I am down to the last few projects so hopefully it will be done in the very near future.

Here's what it looked like:


Here's a peek at what it looks like now:



I still need to:
 - Paint the walls a neutral white
 - Remove or paint some of the paneling (on the opposite wall)
 - finish the crown moulding (on the opposite wall)
 - make a slip cover for the wing chair (we decided to get a wicker chair instead)
 - new window treatments
 - paint (or somehow refinish) the tall jelly cabinet (did this, but I took this photo first)
 - new artwork
 - new light fixture
 - replace the formal rocking chair with a shaker one (like this one) (it's almost done!)
 - brighten and simplify everything else and remove clutter!
 - rearrange furniture (tried this a few times, but totally failed because of the way the room is, so it just has to stay sort of how it was).

I need to motivate myself to get these final projects done and I will share the whole room soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...