Monday, November 10, 2014

How to clean a porcelain sink...

First of all, let me just start by saying... I HATE my white porcelain sink.  It's a nightmare to *keep* clean. If I could renovate my kitchen today I would absolutely pick something different. White is so crisp and classic, but only when it's clean!

So, anyway....being the neat freak that I am I want my sink to be clean! After lots of trial and error here's how I do it (and actually it's really easy).

This is what it looked like before:
(with scratches from stainless steel pots and all...)

YUCK!



Scratches from pots and pans.


The secret weapon: Bar Keeper's Friend.


Sprinkle a generous amount and wet slightly with warm water.


Scrub gently with wet sponge.

I use a tooth brush around the drain.
 and give it all a good rinse and then..... ta da!

*UPDATE :  If the sink is REALLY dirty, let the paste sit for a few minutes before rinsing.*

It will look like this:

Bright and shiny!!!



 Happy Cleaning!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...