Monday, April 4, 2016

Make Room Challenge

Hello!  I spent the last week and a half with my family in Florida on a long overdue vacation to the beach and Disney World.  I was a great time, relaxing and fun.

While I was away I got a very exciting email.  It was from Melissa Michaels of the Inspired Room blog.  I have been invited to participate in Melissa's Make Room Challenge to celebrate her new book: Make Room For What You Love.  It's a book about taking simple steps to organize and simplify your home and routine to help give you the time and space required to pursue the things in life that make you truly happy.  Who doesn't want that?!!!




One of my goals has always been to be more efficient, and not just with cleaning and time, but also with not having things in my life that aren't useful or that I don't love.  This challenge is the perfect opportunity for me to carry on with that quest.

The first week of the challenge is: The Master Bedroom.

The goal is to "Make Room for Rest and Rejuvenation."  And while my master bedroom is actually probably the room in my house that is in the best shape, my dresser did need some attention.

Here is what it was looking like below. I will spare you too many before's.



It didn't take me too much time to sort through my clothes that I keep in my dresser and eliminate some items that I no longer wear or need.  When I was through I had so much extra space!  It's crazy!

Take a look:





I sure do have a lot of colorful socks!

Now, the key (which is the hard part for me) is to not go right back out and fill those drawers back up with new "stuff." I will be working on fighting that urge.

For now, my master bedroom looks clean, simple and calm and still has the color and touches that I love and that I want to see at the end of a long and stressful day.







You can learn more about Melissa's new book: Make Room For What You Love, here.  And be sure to check out the Inspired Room and like The Inspired Room on Facebook for updates and inspiration.

There are four more weeks left of the Make Room Challenge, so stop back in soon to see what next week's project will be.  Whatever it is, I am excited!  After all, it only takes a small first step to start moving on an amazing journey of living the life you hope for!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...