Monday, January 12, 2015

New Year New Plan...



I am not a huge fan of resolutions.  I would rather try to make small but manageable changes that last for the long term.

In the past my struggle has been to balance my motivation to complete projects with my motivation (or lack thereof) to take care of myself.  So this year I thought...."Why not tie those two things together?!"

So, I formulated a plan for myself.

The 1/10/1 Plan:

1) GET FIT: Lose 1 pound per week (for at least 30 weeks since I have about 25-30 pounds to lose).  

I plan to do this by exercising and being mindful of what I am eating and when I am eating.  (Since I just had major surgery - a few weeks ago - the exercising part will start slow at first).

2) DE-CLUTTER: Eliminate 10 items from my house per week.

These items could be anything from large things like pieces of furniture to small items like old notebooks.  I plan to ask myself these questions when deciding what to eliminate : 1) do I need it? 2) do I love it? 3) if it were gone would I miss it?

3) BE PRODUCTIVE: Complete 1 project per week.  

These projects might range from completing my sitting room makeover to jewelry commission work to cleaning out and organizing my junk drawer.

I plan to start on Feb 1st and I plan on rewarding myself every weekend if I accomplish these 3 things each week.  I realize some weeks might be better than others, but I hope to really give this a good try!

I also plan to keep a running tally.  If I can stick to this in the next year, I could lose 30 lbs, get rid of 480 items, and do 48 projects!

Okay...here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...