Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Homemade Bath Salts...

Every year at holiday time I try to make some of our gifts, especially teacher gifts.  In the past I have made -  homemade soap, bath bombs, lip balm and cinnamon ornaments.  This year I made lavender scented bath salt.  Hopefully the teachers can use the time during break to relax from the stresses of school and recover for the new year.  I thought this bath salt might help!


Here's what you need:

1 cup epsom salt (can be purchased in the first aid section of any drug store or grocery store)
1 cup coarse sea salt
6-8 drops of essential oil of your choice (found at most craft stores)
6-8 drops of food coloring

See mixing instructions below.


First: Mix both salts together in a glass or metal bowl.


Then: add food coloring and mix really well.  Sometimes it takes a bit to get the color incorporated throughout.



Once it is all mixed it should look kind of "speckled".


Next: add essential oil and mix well.


When done it looks and smells beautiful...and it can't get easier than that!


I put ours in some recycled jam jars and made cute paper labels for the tops.





I hope the teachers like it and I might even take a bath and use I bit for myself during this stressful season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...