So, yes, I haven't posted in over a year! Life just got away from me and after having some physical problems nothing really got done for so long. Well, that is about to change. I am back and I have big plans. So many house projects waiting to be tackled! And, while my time is still limited because of a certain 3 year old that prefers to entertain me as opposed to participating in home renovation projects, I plan on making some things happen.
One of the projects I hope do in the very near future is my sitting room. Take a look at how it looks now:
This room needs a pretty major overhaul! It really needs to be "de-country-ified." I painted in coral (Salmon Shade from Valspar) about 5 years ago when I was into color everywhere, but now it needs to be more serene. Also, most of the furniture is inherited and not really my style to begin with.
I plan to:
- Paint the walls a neutral white
- Remove or paint some of the paneling (on the opposite wall)
- finish the crown moulding (on the opposite wall)
- make a slip cover for the wing chair
- new window treatments
- paint (or somehow refinish) the tall jelly cabinet
- new artwork
- new light fixture
- replace the formal rocking chair with a shaker one (like this one)
- brighten and simplify everything else and remove clutter!
- rearrange furniture
I can't wait to get started!