Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Our porch...


Since we moved to this house (4 summers ago), I have been wanting to decorate the porch.  It is truly a great space where I would love to spend time relaxing...if I had time to relax, but I digress.  So, in the past years I have spend a lot of time gardening and landscaping around the porch, which will always be an ongoing task.  I have also scanned craigslist and yard sales for furniture, etc. to use.  This summer, I finally feel like we have "something" although I still think we have a long way to go.  At least now we can sit out there and hang out, as we did the other night while my dear friend, and business partner, Sarah, learned how to sip whiskey with my husband.



Front porch.  The smaller porch on the side leads to the mudroom.  I would eventually like to connect these two porches and make one huge wrap-around farmer's porch.
Seating area (also known as the whiskey sipping area).  Found this wicker set on Craigslist for $80.  Not sure I love the all wicker look, but it's okay for now.
The cast iron park bench was a road side find.  The vintage milk can was my grandmother's (who owned a sort of antique shop).  The table and chairs are new, and they make a great place to have summer dinners.  The blue wash stand table was salvaged from an old farmhouse.
Porch lit up at night.

2 comments:

  1. Especially love the wash stand and the sconces, but the whole thing looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sipping reference. It was a beautiful night spent with great people!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...