Tuesday, January 20, 2015

DIY kids chore chart


I have been wanting the make the girls a fun chore chart for a while now.  There are a bunch of cute ones you can purchase on Etsy, but I wanted to make one that was personal and more of a game.  

I also found a bunch of cute chore chart clipart on Etsy, but I figured I could quickly sketch up some myself and it wouldn't take too much time and it would be free!

I started by making a list of the chores my kids need to help with and then I sketched them up one evening while the girls were playing and Ken was watching football.  Then I scanned the drawings into my computer and used them as clipart and added wording for each chore. 


I used my paper cutter to cut each one to about 2 inches square.



I already had laminating paper that I have used for different things here and there, so that didn't cost me anything.


So, I put each chore tag face down on the laminating paper.


Then I put another sheet of laminating paper on the other side.  It's a little tricky to get it in the right  place, but you can un-stick it and re-set it if you don't press it down.  



I have found that the trick to getting it stuck really well is to use an old credit card and press it down up to the edges.


 Then I cut them all out.




Cut and stuck magnets on each one.



I found these magnetic wipe-off boards at Walmart for $5. each on clearance.


And there you have it! 
So far, the girls love their "chore game."  We shall see how long it lasts!


 I keep the extra chore tags on the side of the file cabinet.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...