Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Making it work...

As many of you know, I have not held a full-time job since 2007 when I was pregnant with my first daughter.  This was by choice of course.  The job I had at the time was very lucrative and interesting, but I just didn't want to work full time once I had children.  Fast forward to 2012 and another daughter later, and I think it would be fair to say I am going slightly crazy as a "stay at home" mom.  The kicker is I am also a work at home mom.  Circle and Sprout takes up a tremendous amount of time, and that is all well and good, it means we are profitable.  What is not always good is trying to split working time with time that I am supposed to be attending to and being a mom to my girls.  I read a good article today from the Biz Ladies on Design Sponge.  In it Meg writes about the importance of "making it work" instead of finding "balance".  She explains that it is sometimes okay to put the business first and that it is also okay at times to put yourself before your kids too.  Making it work financially is hard as well.  Today I was offered a full time job that by the time I pay for gas and daycare, I would actually lose money by working.  Crazy, I know.  It just made me think of how truly lucky I am to be able to stay at home with my girls even if it makes me a little nuts too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...