Tuesday, March 15, 2016

A lot has happened in a year...

So, yes, it has been a long long time since I last posted.  So many things have happened in my life.  Lots of house stuff and lots of personal stuff.

First of all, we renovated and redecorated two bedrooms, one bathroom, and rebuilt a porch.  I will be posting about all of that in the next few weeks.

But, the one major thing that happened in my life in the last year was that my mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.  Although, it wasn't a diagnosis for me personally, it hit me really hard.  My mom is like one of my best friends.  I talk to her everyday (sometimes multiple times a day).  I was so worried about her this past year as she went through turning yellow with jaundice, and testing and attempting procedures that were unsuccessful, and then finally major surgery to remove part of her pancreas, stomach, bile ducts, part of her small intestine, and chemo.

She might be embarrassed with me writing about it, but I am amazed at her strength and toughness.  I wonder if she thinks of herself as tough?...because after this past year, I sure do.

The good news is that she came through all of it with flying colors and hopes to be cancer free for the rest of her life, and the doctors say there is no reason she can't be... which is awesome!

Another things that has changed in the last year is: I have also decided (partially due to my mom's health crisis) to take better care of my health.  I started running again and lifting weights and after about 8 months I am feeling much healthier overall.  I might write some posts on exactly what I did to get back into this type of lifestyle.

So, if you are reading this.  Thank you.  I look forward to sharing tidbits of my life journey again...stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...